Last summer’s rap beef is ready for its sequel.
On Wednesday night, Meek Mill continued his lyrical assault on Drake with a new remix of “All the Way Up,” featuring Fabolous.
“I’m in the 6, man, 6 man, Dion Waiters,” Meek Mill raps on the track, a reference to Drake’s hometown of Toronto. He later dings Drake for ghostwriting, allegations Meek Mill made last summer as well. “And I’m on my level now, I’m so beyond haters/ Bout to go and grab the Benz truck, see y’all later/ When I came through the block, you should’ve seen y’all faces/ This is slaughter, new world order/ I be goin’ hard, Westbrook, 4th quarter/ This is hip-hop, you ain’t write it, don’t record it/ I don’t know how they gettin’ down ‘cross the border.”
Another, pointed Drake shot comes near the end of the verse: “Views from the projects,” Meek Mill raps, playing off Drake’s recent albumViews, which was originally called Views from the 6.
Read up on the Drake-Meek Mill feud from last year right here.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving