The Obamas will move to a nine-bedroom home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington D.C. after leaving the White House in 2017, according to reports.
The family will rent the 8,200-square-foot home while President Obama’s daughter Sasha finishes high school in the nation’s capitol. The home is owned by Joe Lockhart, a Democratic Party insider who now serves as an executive at the National Football League, and his wife Giovanna Gray Lockhart, a Glamour editor.
The location in Kalorama is a popular spot for many of the city’s wealthy and already features a large security presence to protect the many diplomats who call it home.
The news, first reported by Politico, comes less than a month after the White House announced that the Obama’s oldest daughter Malia will attend Harvard University in the fall after taking a gap year.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body