Dustin Diamond, the actor best known for his role as Screech on the early-90s’ sitcom Saved by the Bell, was arrested Wednesday in Wisconsin accused of violating his probation.
Two officials at the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to TIME late Wednesday night that Diamond was in custody, but could not provide any more details.
Diamond, 39, served three months in jail earlier this year for his involvement in a bar fight that resulted in a stabbing on Christmas Day. Jurors found Diamond guilty of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct but not guilty of the felony charge of reckless endangerment.
In an interview earlier this month with Mario Lopez, Diamond described his experience behind bars as “daunting.”
“I want to put the tomfoolery and malarkey behind me,” he told Lopez. “Time for a change.”
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction