Sen. Elizabeth Warren went on a tirade Tuesday against Donald Trump, whom she called a “small, insecure money-grubber.”
The Massachusetts senator went beyond her usual attacks on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee on Twitter and dedicated a speech at a Washington, D.C. gala hosted by the Center for Popular Democracy to uniting her party against Trump, according to Politico.
“He inherited a fortune from his father, and kept it going by scamming people, declaring bankruptcy and skipping out on what he owed,” Warren told the audience.
Warren has been increasingly vocal about Trump, regularly using social media to slam the billionaire, while he has fired back, often calling her “goofy,” as he did on Wednesday on Twitter.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time