Sen. Elizabeth Warren went on a tirade Tuesday against Donald Trump, whom she called a “small, insecure money-grubber.”
The Massachusetts senator went beyond her usual attacks on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee on Twitter and dedicated a speech at a Washington, D.C. gala hosted by the Center for Popular Democracy to uniting her party against Trump, according to Politico.
“He inherited a fortune from his father, and kept it going by scamming people, declaring bankruptcy and skipping out on what he owed,” Warren told the audience.
Warren has been increasingly vocal about Trump, regularly using social media to slam the billionaire, while he has fired back, often calling her “goofy,” as he did on Wednesday on Twitter.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color