Hillary Clinton would pick an actor over Bernie Sanders as her vice president.
During an appearance on NBC’s The Ellen Show, the Democratic presidential front runner played a “Who Would Your Rather” game with host Ellen DeGeneres, focusing on potential vice presidents.
Clinton was shown two pictures of politicians, actors or musicians and asked to pick one as her choice for her running mate.
When asked to choose between Sanders and Tony Goldwyn, an actor in ABC’s Scandal and a vocal supporter of Clinton’s, she went with Goldwyn, saying, “Gotta go with Tony!”
Goldwyn would ultimately lose out to another actor—George Clooney.
“Ohhh,” Clinton said told DeGeneres. “Well, Tony could be the first term and George could be the second.”
Clinton ultimately settled on DeGeneres as her pick for vice president.
“You probably don’t want to accept the offer because, you know, you do have to move to Washington and it is expected you live in the vice president’s house. But you could bring the show,” she said.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022