Hillary Clinton would pick an actor over Bernie Sanders as her vice president.
During an appearance on NBC’s The Ellen Show, the Democratic presidential front runner played a “Who Would Your Rather” game with host Ellen DeGeneres, focusing on potential vice presidents.
Clinton was shown two pictures of politicians, actors or musicians and asked to pick one as her choice for her running mate.
When asked to choose between Sanders and Tony Goldwyn, an actor in ABC’s Scandal and a vocal supporter of Clinton’s, she went with Goldwyn, saying, “Gotta go with Tony!”
Goldwyn would ultimately lose out to another actor—George Clooney.
“Ohhh,” Clinton said told DeGeneres. “Well, Tony could be the first term and George could be the second.”
Clinton ultimately settled on DeGeneres as her pick for vice president.
“You probably don’t want to accept the offer because, you know, you do have to move to Washington and it is expected you live in the vice president’s house. But you could bring the show,” she said.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time