James Corden temporarily joined the ranks of the Hathahaters on Tuesday night in a rap battle with the actress on The Late Late Show, insulting Anne Hathaway’s attempt at a British accent in the movie One Day.
In a barrage of exchanged insults on the show’s “Drop the Mic” segment, Corden slipped in, “This isn’t just for me it’s for the whole U.K. mad at your awful British accent in the movie One Day.”
Hathaway had her own riposte to the burn: “Blimey, guvner, did me accent make you sick? Are you also allergic to wearing suits that fit?”
Later in the show Hathaway admitted she’d struggled with the accent for the 2011 film: ‘I was like ‘I’ll get there’ and I guess I never got there.”
Hathaway is appearing in Alice Through the Looking Glass, in theaters May 27.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com