We’ve all been there: you show up for an event on a chilly night unprepared for the weather and wish you’d worn something warmer. Adele found herself in such a situation recently, but luckily for her, Bruce Springsteen was on hand with the solution.
The “Hello” singer attended Springsteen’s concert in Lisbon, Portugal last week, and he noticed she wasn’t wearing warm enough clothes. “I was wearing a ridiculous skirt, which was silly,” Adele told the crowd at a concert of her own, the Daily Mirror reports. “It gets quite windy in Lisbon. I had a little thin jumper on, and Bruce came out and said: ‘You’re going to be cold.’”
“I was a bit drunk, I’d had four glasses of wine, so I said I’d be fine,” Adele said, but Springsteen persisted: “He gave me his coat—so I was watching the show, wearing his coat. I was too embarrassed to try to put my arms in because, obviously, too small. So I just wore it on my shoulders. It was amazing.”
Would that we all had a courteous rock star on hand when we needed an extra layer.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was