We’ve all been there: you show up for an event on a chilly night unprepared for the weather and wish you’d worn something warmer. Adele found herself in such a situation recently, but luckily for her, Bruce Springsteen was on hand with the solution.
The “Hello” singer attended Springsteen’s concert in Lisbon, Portugal last week, and he noticed she wasn’t wearing warm enough clothes. “I was wearing a ridiculous skirt, which was silly,” Adele told the crowd at a concert of her own, the Daily Mirror reports. “It gets quite windy in Lisbon. I had a little thin jumper on, and Bruce came out and said: ‘You’re going to be cold.’”
“I was a bit drunk, I’d had four glasses of wine, so I said I’d be fine,” Adele said, but Springsteen persisted: “He gave me his coat—so I was watching the show, wearing his coat. I was too embarrassed to try to put my arms in because, obviously, too small. So I just wore it on my shoulders. It was amazing.”
Would that we all had a courteous rock star on hand when we needed an extra layer.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out