We’ve all been there: you show up for an event on a chilly night unprepared for the weather and wish you’d worn something warmer. Adele found herself in such a situation recently, but luckily for her, Bruce Springsteen was on hand with the solution.
The “Hello” singer attended Springsteen’s concert in Lisbon, Portugal last week, and he noticed she wasn’t wearing warm enough clothes. “I was wearing a ridiculous skirt, which was silly,” Adele told the crowd at a concert of her own, the Daily Mirror reports. “It gets quite windy in Lisbon. I had a little thin jumper on, and Bruce came out and said: ‘You’re going to be cold.’”
“I was a bit drunk, I’d had four glasses of wine, so I said I’d be fine,” Adele said, but Springsteen persisted: “He gave me his coat—so I was watching the show, wearing his coat. I was too embarrassed to try to put my arms in because, obviously, too small. So I just wore it on my shoulders. It was amazing.”
Would that we all had a courteous rock star on hand when we needed an extra layer.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive