We’ve all been there: you show up for an event on a chilly night unprepared for the weather and wish you’d worn something warmer. Adele found herself in such a situation recently, but luckily for her, Bruce Springsteen was on hand with the solution.
The “Hello” singer attended Springsteen’s concert in Lisbon, Portugal last week, and he noticed she wasn’t wearing warm enough clothes. “I was wearing a ridiculous skirt, which was silly,” Adele told the crowd at a concert of her own, the Daily Mirror reports. “It gets quite windy in Lisbon. I had a little thin jumper on, and Bruce came out and said: ‘You’re going to be cold.’”
“I was a bit drunk, I’d had four glasses of wine, so I said I’d be fine,” Adele said, but Springsteen persisted: “He gave me his coat—so I was watching the show, wearing his coat. I was too embarrassed to try to put my arms in because, obviously, too small. So I just wore it on my shoulders. It was amazing.”
Would that we all had a courteous rock star on hand when we needed an extra layer.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time