On Tuesday night, Jimmy Kimmel Live aired a prerecorded clip featuring Game of Thrones David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, who used the platform to apologize for what happened on Sunday night. (Spoiler warning: Hodor died.)
But they’re not sorry for killing off Hodor, per se. Instead, they’re apologizing — while sitting amidst piles of cash — for all the “annoying” individuals who will start saying “Hodor” on the elevator. “Hodor” is, as we learned on Sunday, short for “hold the door,” and Benioff and Weiss are worried that people will start utilizing the abbreviation in everyday conversation for the sake of being cute.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.