Mariah Carey has signed a deal with the Hallmark Channel that will have her developing, producing, directing and starring in three films on the network, Deadline reports. She will also be composing an original song for each of the movies, the first of which is scheduled to air during a Valentine’s Day programming special early next year.
“It’s rare to work with a talent who can produce, direct, star and also compose original music for a project, and we know she will deliver for our viewers once again,” Michelle Vicary, the executive vice president of Crown Media Holdings, which owns the Hallmark Channel, told Deadline.
Carey has a close relationship with the network, which last December aired A Christmas Melody, Carey’s directoral debut, in which she also starred. She also hosted a widely-watched musical special on the network that same month.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time