Ten years after watershed reality tv show The Hills started, cast member Justin “Justin Bobby” Brescia has finally revealed the origins of his notorious name in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.
The “Justin Bobby” nickname — which most viewers thought Lo Bosworth came up after being introduced to the free-spirited, motorcycle-riding, hair cutting, sometimes-boyfriend of Audrina Partridge — was actually created because of confusion on set with Partridge and the camera crew.
“It was misconstrued ’cause it happened with Audrina actually, ’cause she knew me as Justin,” Brescia said. “And then when we started filming I was telling her, ‘Let’s just say Bobby’ — Robert [being] my middle name kind of thing — and she did a little bit and then she started slipping and saying Justin. Production was kind of running around saying, ‘Who’s Justin? Wait, who’s Bobby?’ They kinda brought it together and I think they had to put it onscreen somehow, so they just laid it up to Lo.”
Now, six years after The Hills ended, Brescia is based in Austin, Texas, and is currently on his first tour with his alternative punk band, BobbyrocK, although he still sometimes cuts hair. He might be known as Justin Brescia now, but he’ll always be Justin Bobby in our hearts.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time