Ten years after watershed reality tv show The Hills started, cast member Justin “Justin Bobby” Brescia has finally revealed the origins of his notorious name in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.
The “Justin Bobby” nickname — which most viewers thought Lo Bosworth came up after being introduced to the free-spirited, motorcycle-riding, hair cutting, sometimes-boyfriend of Audrina Partridge — was actually created because of confusion on set with Partridge and the camera crew.
“It was misconstrued ’cause it happened with Audrina actually, ’cause she knew me as Justin,” Brescia said. “And then when we started filming I was telling her, ‘Let’s just say Bobby’ — Robert [being] my middle name kind of thing — and she did a little bit and then she started slipping and saying Justin. Production was kind of running around saying, ‘Who’s Justin? Wait, who’s Bobby?’ They kinda brought it together and I think they had to put it onscreen somehow, so they just laid it up to Lo.”
Now, six years after The Hills ended, Brescia is based in Austin, Texas, and is currently on his first tour with his alternative punk band, BobbyrocK, although he still sometimes cuts hair. He might be known as Justin Brescia now, but he’ll always be Justin Bobby in our hearts.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022