Pawn Stars personality Austin Lee Russell, known as “Chumlee,” has taken a plea deal that will keep him out of jail on weapons and drug charges.
The reality star was arrested in March after a search of his home uncovered a dozen weapons (some registered and some unregistered), marijuana, methamphetamine and anxiety medication, USA Today reports.
Chumlee will plead guilty to a felony weapons charge and a gross misdemeanor of attempted drug possession. He will forfeit the guns and drugs and spend three years on probation and in counseling. At the end of that time, if all goes well, the felony charge will be dismissed.
Chumlee is scheduled to return to court on June 1 for the deal to be approved.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma