What’s in a name? For Kris Jenner, apparently a lot. The self-proclaimed “momager” and architect of the entire Kardashian empire revealed that she’ll be changing her last name back to Kardashian after over 24 years as Kris Jenner during a deleted scene from Sunday night’s episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Jenner justified her decision by telling daughter Khloe Kardashian that, “I was the original Kardashian.”
When asked why she wouldn’t go back to her maiden name (nee Houghton), Jenner demurred, “It just doesn’t sound right.”
As final justification for changing her name, Jenner offered a cheeky rationale. “If Bruce can change his name to Caitlyn,” she said. “I think I’m good.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk