What’s in a name? For Kris Jenner, apparently a lot. The self-proclaimed “momager” and architect of the entire Kardashian empire revealed that she’ll be changing her last name back to Kardashian after over 24 years as Kris Jenner during a deleted scene from Sunday night’s episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Jenner justified her decision by telling daughter Khloe Kardashian that, “I was the original Kardashian.”
When asked why she wouldn’t go back to her maiden name (nee Houghton), Jenner demurred, “It just doesn’t sound right.”
As final justification for changing her name, Jenner offered a cheeky rationale. “If Bruce can change his name to Caitlyn,” she said. “I think I’m good.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org