Even before the premiere of Spectre in November, rumors were swirling about who might be the next person to play 007 — or one of the spy’s many love interests. One of the names that’s been bandied about is Quantico star Priyanka Chopra, but in a new interview with Complex for the magazine’s latest cover story, she revealed that she has no interest in being considered for a role as a Bond girl.
“I get that all the time,” she told Complex. “But f— that — I wanna be Bond.”
In the wide-ranging interview, Chopra also said that she’s excited for her part in the upcoming Baywatch movie, adding that her role as the bad guy was originally written for a man.
Chopra stars as the icy Victoria Leeds in Baywatch (out May 19, 2017) alongside Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, and earlier this year, Chopra spoke to EW about her villainous ambitions on the Oscars red carpet.
“I wanted to play a bad guy for a really long time,” she said at the time. “And I’m doing that in Baywatch, so I’m excited.”
Read the full interview with Chopra at Complex.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time