1. Actually, the White House ‘pivot to Asia’ is working.
By Doyle McManus in the Los Angeles Times
2. Here’s how a train can store energy — and help improve the power grid.
By Michael Byrne in Motherboard
3. Driverless cars will revolutionize America’s infrastructure. We should get ready.
By Rep. Earl Blumenauer in Wired
4. Could Pope Francis end the Catholic Church’s doctrine of so-called ‘just war?’
By Maria J. Stephan at the U.S. Institute of Peace
5. Humanitarian crises are moving to the world’s cities. Are aid agencies ready?
By John de Boer and Robert Muggah at the Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism