At the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night, Canadian musician The Weeknd won the prize for Top Hot 100 Artist, beating out Justin Bieber, Drake, Fetty Wap and Taylor Swift.
He dedicated the award to the “late great” Prince, who died last month. At the American Music Awards last November, Prince gave The Weeknd the award for best soul/R&B album.
“It was the greatest experience of my entire life,” The Weeknd said on Sunday night after taking his trophy. “I didn’t know him, but he was very close to me, and he will always be an inspiration and help me push the envelope.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out