Hillary Clinton on Sunday questioned Donald Trump’s self-proclaimed successes while attacking him for not releasing his tax returns.
The former Secretary of State and Democratic presidential candidate said the media mogul has yet to prove that “he actually has the level of success he claims to have” during an appearance on NBC’s Meet the Press.
“There’s no evidence he has any ideas about making America great, as he advertises. He seems to be particularly focused on making himself appear great,” Clinton said. “And as we go through this campaign, we’re going to be demonstrating the hollowness of his rhetoric.”
When asked if there is anything in Trump’s background that is worthy of praise, Clinton said: “We’ll find out. Because we have to get below the hype. We have to find what the reality is.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out