
Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban said he would “absolutely” listen if Hillary Clinton were to consider him as her running mate.
In a Meet the Press interview that will air Sunday, Cuban was asked if he would consider the vice president post. “Absolutely,” he said. “But the key would be that she’d have to go more to center.”
At an event last week, Cuban joked that he would be willing to be Clinton’s running mate if he could “throw bombs” and fight back against Trump, CNN reported.
“I like the fact that Senator Clinton has thought-out proposals. That’s a good thing because at least we get to see exactly where she stands,” the Dallas Mavericks owner said in the Meet the Press interview. “I think Senator (Bernie) Sanders has dragged her a little bit too far to the left. Things like college tuition and, you know, other business elements that really, I think, could hurt the economy. If she’s willing to listen, if she’s willing to, you know, hear other sides of things, then I’m wide open to discussing it.”
Cuban was recently approached by Republicans seeking a candidate who could run as a third-party alternative to Trump, but Cuban said he was skeptical it could work, the Washington Post reported.
“He could come after me all he wanted, and he knows I would put him in his place,” Cuban said of Trump in an email to the Post. “All that said, again, I don’t see it happening. There isn’t enough time.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Jane Fonda Champions Climate Action for Every Generation
- Biden’s Campaign Is In Trouble. Will the Turnaround Plan Work?
- Why We're Spending So Much Money Now
- The Financial Influencers Women Actually Want to Listen To
- Breaker Sunny Choi Is Heading to Paris
- Why TV Can’t Stop Making Silly Shows About Lady Journalists
- The Case for Wearing Shoes in the House
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com