The 52-year-old actor first impersonated the GOP presidential nominee hopeful in February for Funny or Die!’s faux-biopic, Art of the Deal, replicating the Donald’s distinctive hair, facial expressions and voice for the role.
Depp told DeGeneres that he wasn’t sure if he would be able to successfully impersonate Trump, but that he took on the project because it “sounded like fun.” He also conceded that “it was difficult — he speaks real weird.”
At DeGeneres’ urging, Depp gave the audience a small sample of his impersonation, gruffly remarking, “I have built a papier-mâché wall [for] Mexico. It costs $17.99. Fabulous!”
You can watch the full clip below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror