There’s only one way to describe Beyoncé fan India Ross’ prom dress: flawless. The 18-year-old St. Louis, Missouri high school student created a DIY version of the Lemonade singer’s sheer and jewel-encrusted Givenchy gown for the 2015 Met Gala and it basically won the Internet.
Ross told Cosmopolitan that she wanted to make a dress that would help her channel Queen Bey. “When I gave my designer my money I said, ‘Can you make me feel like I’m Beyoncé?'” Ross said. “And that’s what she did.”
To create her viral sensation of a dress, Ross and a local designer, Toi Hall, worked together to recreate the gown using materials from stores like Walmart and Michael’s; she later completed the look with the same high ponytail that Bey rocked on the Met Gala red carpet.
Ross also told Cosmo that she has ambitions to work in the fashion industry and would like to open her own business and become a celebrity stylist.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow