Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Game of Thrones director Dan Sackheim has officially shut down rumors that the Pink Letter was written by someone other than Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon). During a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” on Thursday, Sackheim confirmed that — despite fan speculation to the contrary — the Warden of the North was indeed the author of the sadistic note delivered to Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) in the fourth episode of the HBO drama’s sixth season.
“My understanding of the theory is that the letter was not written by Ramsay, correct?,” he wrote. “I went on record with Tech Insider that it was written by Ramsay. No idea why this theory has gained traction.”
For reference, here’s what Sackheim recently told Tech Insider: “This I can tell you without any concern [of spoilers]. That letter was written by Ramsay.”
While that does seem like a definitive answer from the director, those associated with Thrones have been known to skirt the truth. We’re looking at you, Kit Harington.
“The Door,” the fifth episode of Game of Thrones’ sixth season, airs Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on HBO.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time