Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live is famous for its dramatic “Plead the Fifth” segment, in which stars are asked three tough questions and can choose not to answer only one of them. Cohen has asked Amber Rose to rank the Kardashian-Jenners and even got Chloë Grace Moretz to admit to her relationship with Brooklyn Beckham during the sketch, but this week, Mariah Carey was in the hot seat.
When Cohen asked Carey to say three nice things about Nicki Minaj, she smiled and asked, “Can you?” Cohen then asked if Carey wanted to plead the fifth instead of answering.
“You know, I always thought it was more important to not plead the fifth but to just stay above the fray because you don’t want to be déclassé, you just want to move it along,” she said.
Carey also commented on Jay Z and Beyoncé’s relationship. “When we write songs as artists, a lot of the time, it’s a made up story,” she said. “And I didn’t speak to either of them about it, so I would never just be like, ‘here’s my opinion’.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving