Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live is famous for its dramatic “Plead the Fifth” segment, in which stars are asked three tough questions and can choose not to answer only one of them. Cohen has asked Amber Rose to rank the Kardashian-Jenners and even got Chloë Grace Moretz to admit to her relationship with Brooklyn Beckham during the sketch, but this week, Mariah Carey was in the hot seat.
When Cohen asked Carey to say three nice things about Nicki Minaj, she smiled and asked, “Can you?” Cohen then asked if Carey wanted to plead the fifth instead of answering.
“You know, I always thought it was more important to not plead the fifth but to just stay above the fray because you don’t want to be déclassé, you just want to move it along,” she said.
Carey also commented on Jay Z and Beyoncé’s relationship. “When we write songs as artists, a lot of the time, it’s a made up story,” she said. “And I didn’t speak to either of them about it, so I would never just be like, ‘here’s my opinion’.”
Watch the full clip above.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time