A Nepalese woman just broke her own record by scaling Mount Everest for the seventh time.
Lhakpa Sherpa, 42, who lives in Connecticut and works at a 7-Eleven there, reached the peak of the world’s highest mountain on Friday, the Guardian reports. The day’s success broke her own record for the most summits of Everest by a woman.
Two Sherpas share the record of 21 ascents by men.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com