A teenaged father in Texas killed his stepson Tuesday when the toddler would not stop jumping on the bed.
George Coty Wayman, 18, has been arrested on a charge of capital murder in Clay County, the Washington Post reports.
Witness accounts say Dominic Tra’Juan Castro, Wayman’s three-year-old stepson, was bouncing on the bed in a trailer home in Bellevue when Wayman shot him in the back of his head. The boy was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead Wednesday morning.
“Investigators interviewed eyewitnesses in the bedroom at the time of this incident and have determined that Wayman is the individual that pointed and discharged the handgun that caused the death of the victim,” the arrest warrant says, according to the Post.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This