Grey’s Anatomy fans — and there are apparently still many — are mourning the departure of Dr. Callie Torres, who is leaving the show after ten seasons.
The actress Sara Ramirez, who has played Torres since the show’s second season in 2006, tweeted after the season 12 finale Thursday night that she would be “taking some welcome time off.” Her hiatus from acting was explained in the show with Torres planning to move from Seattle, where the show is set, to New York.
Shonda Rhimes, the creator of Grey’s Anatomy, tweeted a note of tribute to Torres and the actress who played her.
This hasn’t really cushioned the blow for fans, though.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022