Sansa Stark may soon confront Ramsay Bolton in this season of Game of Thrones. It’s a moment fans have been waiting for since the sadistic Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) raped Sansa (Sophie Turner) in a brutal scene last year. In a recent interview with TIME about Thrones and her role as Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse (out May 27), Sophie Turner, now 20, said it was the hardest scene she’s ever filmed.
“To have to do a really intense scene, like the rape scene last season, we couldn’t really sleep beforehand, Iwan and I,” she says. “During the day, it was a bit awkward. But afterwards you just go to Safe Haven, which is the hotel bar, and sort yourselves out.”
The scene caused an uproar when it aired last year, causing some fans to declare they were done with the show. Turner has had to field questions about the controversial plot point ever since, alternately defending it and suggesting that perhaps there is a reason that Sansa didn’t fight back then.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate