Sansa Stark may soon confront Ramsay Bolton in this season of Game of Thrones. It’s a moment fans have been waiting for since the sadistic Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) raped Sansa (Sophie Turner) in a brutal scene last year. In a recent interview with TIME about Thrones and her role as Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse (out May 27), Sophie Turner, now 20, said it was the hardest scene she’s ever filmed.
“To have to do a really intense scene, like the rape scene last season, we couldn’t really sleep beforehand, Iwan and I,” she says. “During the day, it was a bit awkward. But afterwards you just go to Safe Haven, which is the hotel bar, and sort yourselves out.”
The scene caused an uproar when it aired last year, causing some fans to declare they were done with the show. Turner has had to field questions about the controversial plot point ever since, alternately defending it and suggesting that perhaps there is a reason that Sansa didn’t fight back then.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time