The season finale of The Simpsons airs on Sunday, and this one comes with a set of instructions.
The episode’s opening couch gag — which was created by Polish animator Michal Socha (who created this immersive couch gag from season 25) — comes in the form of an Ikea-like manual, which semi-explains how to build a Coüch. After failing to persuade Bart to build the family sofa, Homer starts drinking and eating on the job, experiences some hammer fails (“Oüch!” is the new “D’oh!”) before coming up with a very unneighborly idea.
Click on the video below to see the gag that kicks off the season 27 finale (May 22, 8 p.m. ET, Fox), and remember, there’s no one right way to watch.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving