While the fourth episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season was full of drama and intrigue, some fans walked away focused on a storyline that had never before been explored: a romance between Brienne of Tarth and Tormund Giantsbane.
After the two characters shared a few charged glances, many viewers took to social media to express their support for the couple. But it wasn’t until Thursday morning that the episode’s director, Dan Sackheim, confirmed the love was real — well, at least for Tormund.
“I wasn’t even sure that when I delivered the episode it was really clear,” Sackheim told TVGuide.com. “It was like a fun little bit, but I wasn’t sure it was really clear that he had these amorous feelings for Brienne. I’m always amazed what fans pick up. I think it was fairly one-sided, but that’s OK. There’s nothing like a challenge. Men love a challenge.”
(h/t Vanity Fair)
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time