While the fourth episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season was full of drama and intrigue, some fans walked away focused on a storyline that had never before been explored: a romance between Brienne of Tarth and Tormund Giantsbane.
After the two characters shared a few charged glances, many viewers took to social media to express their support for the couple. But it wasn’t until Thursday morning that the episode’s director, Dan Sackheim, confirmed the love was real — well, at least for Tormund.
Read More: Game of Thrones Fans Can’t Stop Shipping Brienne and Tormund
“I wasn’t even sure that when I delivered the episode it was really clear,” Sackheim told TVGuide.com. “It was like a fun little bit, but I wasn’t sure it was really clear that he had these amorous feelings for Brienne. I’m always amazed what fans pick up. I think it was fairly one-sided, but that’s OK. There’s nothing like a challenge. Men love a challenge.”
(h/t Vanity Fair)
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement