While the fourth episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season was full of drama and intrigue, some fans walked away focused on a storyline that had never before been explored: a romance between Brienne of Tarth and Tormund Giantsbane.
After the two characters shared a few charged glances, many viewers took to social media to express their support for the couple. But it wasn’t until Thursday morning that the episode’s director, Dan Sackheim, confirmed the love was real — well, at least for Tormund.
“I wasn’t even sure that when I delivered the episode it was really clear,” Sackheim told TVGuide.com. “It was like a fun little bit, but I wasn’t sure it was really clear that he had these amorous feelings for Brienne. I’m always amazed what fans pick up. I think it was fairly one-sided, but that’s OK. There’s nothing like a challenge. Men love a challenge.”
(h/t Vanity Fair)
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer