As reported by The Hollywood Reporter during a press conference for Jim Jarmusch’s documentary, Gimme Danger, which focuses on Iggy’s punk band, The Stooges, the 69-year-old singer declared that no one should do drugs.
As expected, most of the press conference was focused on Iggy’s experiences with drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, with the music icon reminiscing about being one of the forerunners of the punk movement. When asked about his drug use now, Iggy had lots to say about it and his current vice of choice.
“The drugs — everybody should just drop that sh*t,” he said. “For me, the best is a very good wine, but weed is OK for most people. All can say is I don’t drug up anymore. I don’t do it. I have wine with dinner and that’s about it.”
Iggy also took a poll at the press conference to see whether or not he should wear a shirt to a red carpet gala on Thursday night — after the positive affirmation of those present, he will be going with his signature shirtless look.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating