As reported by The Hollywood Reporter during a press conference for Jim Jarmusch’s documentary, Gimme Danger, which focuses on Iggy’s punk band, The Stooges, the 69-year-old singer declared that no one should do drugs.
As expected, most of the press conference was focused on Iggy’s experiences with drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, with the music icon reminiscing about being one of the forerunners of the punk movement. When asked about his drug use now, Iggy had lots to say about it and his current vice of choice.
“The drugs — everybody should just drop that sh*t,” he said. “For me, the best is a very good wine, but weed is OK for most people. All can say is I don’t drug up anymore. I don’t do it. I have wine with dinner and that’s about it.”
Iggy also took a poll at the press conference to see whether or not he should wear a shirt to a red carpet gala on Thursday night — after the positive affirmation of those present, he will be going with his signature shirtless look.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time