As reported by The Hollywood Reporter during a press conference for Jim Jarmusch’s documentary, Gimme Danger, which focuses on Iggy’s punk band, The Stooges, the 69-year-old singer declared that no one should do drugs.
As expected, most of the press conference was focused on Iggy’s experiences with drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, with the music icon reminiscing about being one of the forerunners of the punk movement. When asked about his drug use now, Iggy had lots to say about it and his current vice of choice.
“The drugs — everybody should just drop that sh*t,” he said. “For me, the best is a very good wine, but weed is OK for most people. All can say is I don’t drug up anymore. I don’t do it. I have wine with dinner and that’s about it.”
Iggy also took a poll at the press conference to see whether or not he should wear a shirt to a red carpet gala on Thursday night — after the positive affirmation of those present, he will be going with his signature shirtless look.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears