But a select group of endangered species face an even greater threat. Animals in this group, included in the galley above, have been labelled “critically endangered” and teeter on the brink of extinction.
The threats faced include everything from deforestation to climate change. And, conservationists say, any effort to save endangered animals must deal with the surrounding issues to sustain itself. The annual Endangered Species Day—recognized on May 20—is a great place to start.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022