But a select group of endangered species face an even greater threat. Animals in this group, included in the galley above, have been labelled “critically endangered” and teeter on the brink of extinction.
The threats faced include everything from deforestation to climate change. And, conservationists say, any effort to save endangered animals must deal with the surrounding issues to sustain itself. The annual Endangered Species Day—recognized on May 20—is a great place to start.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time