The first penis transplant in the U.S., at Massachusetts General Hospital. The recipient, Thomas Manning, 64, had lost most of his organ to cancer. Doctors hope the procedure can also be used for injured veterans.
New regulations on overtime pay, by the White House. Starting Dec. 1, employees on an annual salary of up to $47,476 will be paid time and a half for work over 40 hours a week, up from the previous salary threshold of $23,660. The White House said this would bring overtime pay to an estimated 4.2 million more workers.
Bill Backer, 89, the adman behind the Coca-Cola jingle “I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke.”
• Madeleine Lebeau, 92, the French actor who famously and tearfully sang “La Marseillaise” in Casablanca.
• Texas country-folk singer-songwriter Guy Clark, 74, known for songs including “L.A. Freeway.”
This appears in the May 30, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism