During a recent interview with the Associated Press, Clapton revealed that it was his three daughters (ranging in age from 11 to 14) who introduced him to the tween sensation; while Clapton was initially “a little disappointed that they were talking about him,” he changed his mind once he heard the music.
“It’s got some substance now,” Clapton added as way of explanation.
Clapton joins a growing group of music heavy-hitters who have copped to enjoying Bieber’s tunes — most notably, Kanye West, who said that Bieber’s ubiquitous hit, “What Do You Mean?” was his favorite song of 2015.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body