The annual American Fitness Index has once again rewarded D.C. residents for frequent exercise, low smoking rates and other factors that contribute to overall health. Washington and other cities benefit from the more active lifestyle that comes from using public transportation and readily available parks and fitness centers, USA Today reports.
Minneapolis took second place, and Denver rounded out the top three on the health index. Indianapolis was ranked the least fit, followed by Oklahoma City and Louisville.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science