The annual American Fitness Index has once again rewarded D.C. residents for frequent exercise, low smoking rates and other factors that contribute to overall health. Washington and other cities benefit from the more active lifestyle that comes from using public transportation and readily available parks and fitness centers, USA Today reports.
Minneapolis took second place, and Denver rounded out the top three on the health index. Indianapolis was ranked the least fit, followed by Oklahoma City and Louisville.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time