The annual American Fitness Index has once again rewarded D.C. residents for frequent exercise, low smoking rates and other factors that contribute to overall health. Washington and other cities benefit from the more active lifestyle that comes from using public transportation and readily available parks and fitness centers, USA Today reports.
Minneapolis took second place, and Denver rounded out the top three on the health index. Indianapolis was ranked the least fit, followed by Oklahoma City and Louisville.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption