Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are back with a new video for “Dance Off” with the powerhouse actor Idris Elba headlining. The track comes off of their recent album This Unruly Mess I’ve Made which features “Downtown” and “Kevin.”
The video, which you can see above, begins with Elba, sporting a serious Cruella de Vil-esque black and white coat, directing the listener to show off their best moves. “I challenge you to a dance off. Hands off, no trash talk, no back walk.” Macklemore hops in, turning a hotel wedding reception into the playground for a dance battle. As the room divides into dueling parties in honor of She’s All That, Macklemore, Lewis, and Elba fade in and out of the scenery to provide the greek chorus to each challenge.
Macklemore is no stranger to weddings as he recently enlisted the help of his mom to crash the wedding of a couple celebrating in a Washington, D.C. hotel.
The duo hit up Ellen Tuesday to perform “Dance Off” with a follow-up performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Wednesday night. Fans can also catch their North American tour starting May 25 in Vancouver.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science