Hannah Polites, a midwife and popular fitness Instagrammer who boasts 1.2 million followers, is pregnant with her first child, due in September. And like Chontel Duncan, this fellow Aussie is getting plenty of criticism for her baby bump.
“For everyone saying my baby is small and malnourished scans are showing he/ she is actually 20% bigger than the average at this gestation,” she captioned one photo.
Polites says that she tries to ignore the negative comments, like the ones that accuse her of killing her baby.
“It’s truly shocking to read some of the comments regarding my health and that of my unborn baby, especially at a time where women are particularly vulnerable and can be more sensitive to bullying,” Polites told the Gold Coast Bulletin.
“I do not take the negative comments to heart, especially when I know I am making informed decisions when it comes to nutrition and exercise in pregnancy and motherhood.”
“I’m by no means trying to put on muscle but would like to maintain fitness where possible to help me be as strong as possible for my birth, baby and for myself!” she wrote on Instagram.
“I’m mainly sticking to Pilates, strength training and yoga but every pregnancy and body is different.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time