Apple Stores, which turn 15 years old Thursday, have greater sales figures per square foot than any other retail location, according to data from eMarketer. The firm crunched numbers from regulatory filings, press releases and conference calls to compare the country’s top retailers.
Apple ranked number one atop the list of more than 250 companies, beating jewelers like Tiffany & Co. and luxury brands such as Coach and Michael Kors. The data pertains to sales figures over the trailing year.
Here’s how much the Apple Store makes per square foot compared to other top retailers:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time