Apple Stores, which turn 15 years old Thursday, have greater sales figures per square foot than any other retail location, according to data from eMarketer. The firm crunched numbers from regulatory filings, press releases and conference calls to compare the country’s top retailers.
Apple ranked number one atop the list of more than 250 companies, beating jewelers like Tiffany & Co. and luxury brands such as Coach and Michael Kors. The data pertains to sales figures over the trailing year.
Here’s how much the Apple Store makes per square foot compared to other top retailers:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out