Apple Stores, which turn 15 years old Thursday, have greater sales figures per square foot than any other retail location, according to data from eMarketer. The firm crunched numbers from regulatory filings, press releases and conference calls to compare the country’s top retailers.
Apple ranked number one atop the list of more than 250 companies, beating jewelers like Tiffany & Co. and luxury brands such as Coach and Michael Kors. The data pertains to sales figures over the trailing year.
Here’s how much the Apple Store makes per square foot compared to other top retailers:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow