Portland police Sgt. Tim Farris was in for a surprise while on patrol for speeders in the early hours of Tuesday morning when a meteor streaked across the night’s sky.
A Facebook post by the Portland, Maine Police Department says Farris was looking was parked in front of the central fire station when the ‘fireball’ streaked through the earth’s atmosphere at around 12.50am. The moment was captured on camera from his patrol car..
“The meteor (or alien spaceship) was caught on camera” continued the Facebook post. “Let’s hope the visitors are friendly. They could just be some of Stephen King’s friends on there way to visit him. Whomever they are I’m sure we could win them over with a whoopie pie.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating