Portland police Sgt. Tim Farris was in for a surprise while on patrol for speeders in the early hours of Tuesday morning when a meteor streaked across the night’s sky.
A Facebook post by the Portland, Maine Police Department says Farris was looking was parked in front of the central fire station when the ‘fireball’ streaked through the earth’s atmosphere at around 12.50am. The moment was captured on camera from his patrol car..
“The meteor (or alien spaceship) was caught on camera” continued the Facebook post. “Let’s hope the visitors are friendly. They could just be some of Stephen King’s friends on there way to visit him. Whomever they are I’m sure we could win them over with a whoopie pie.”
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com