Pierce commented on his arrest in a series of Tweets early Tuesday morning. Saturday’s altercation was sparked by a heated political discussion, according to a police report.
“I regret that what started as a civil political discussion escalated to the level that it did,” said Pierce, 52. “Although what has been reported thus far differs in important respects from what actually occurred, I have confidence that the judicial process will work as it should.”
Maggie Elena Baca told police that she encountered Pierce and his girlfriend on the 23rd floor of the Lowes Atlanta Hotel. After she got into a political debate with the actor, Baca said Pierce followed her and her friends as they walked away, tried to force his way into their room and “began to hit her in the head and grab her hoodie, ripping her hoodie off,” according to the police report. Pierce, who was charged with simple battery, disputed that account and said the women tried to pull him into their room.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World