Justin Bieber tweeted on Monday that his Purpose Tour cannot make stops in Argentina, to the detriment of many Beliebers in the country.
The 22-year-old musician did not explain why he could not perform in the country, but mentioned that his lawyers passed along the verdict from the Argentinian government.
Bieber found himself in hot water there in 2o13 when he was seen as disrespecting the country’s flag during a concert, and again last year when an Argentinian judge issued an arrest warrant for him related to an alleged assault of a photographer. The arrest warrant was revoked afterwards, though the Guardian reported that the charges still stood.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement