Justin Bieber tweeted on Monday that his Purpose Tour cannot make stops in Argentina, to the detriment of many Beliebers in the country.
The 22-year-old musician did not explain why he could not perform in the country, but mentioned that his lawyers passed along the verdict from the Argentinian government.
Bieber found himself in hot water there in 2o13 when he was seen as disrespecting the country’s flag during a concert, and again last year when an Argentinian judge issued an arrest warrant for him related to an alleged assault of a photographer. The arrest warrant was revoked afterwards, though the Guardian reported that the charges still stood.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll