Amazon is preparing to release its own line of groceries and household products like diapers and laundry detergent, according to a new report from The Wall Street Journal.
The online retailer reportedly plans to launch private label brands with names like Wickedly Prime, Happy Belly, and Mama Bear that could appear on its website as early as this month or next. These brands would offer items ranging from nuts, spices, tea, trail mix, snacks, and coffee to diapers and laundry detergents. They would only be available for Prime subscribers.
Amazon has launched products under its own private labels in the past, including Pinzon linens, Amazon Elements baby wipes, and AmazonBasics electronics. Amazon had also previously offered its own line of diapers under the Elements brand, but pulled them to improve their design.
The news comes as Amazon has staked out a larger place in the home with products like its line of Echo products and Dash buttons. These gadgets allow customers to connect to Amazon’s services with a command or push of a button.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time