Saturday Night Live poked fun at Drake’s Canadian roots during a skit in which the rapper portrays a black man from Toronto named Jared while playing a round of “Black Jeopardy.”
The artist answers all of the questions incorrectly as he plays alongside of returning champion Amir, portrayed by Jay Pharoah, and another contestant named Keeley, portrayed by Sasheer Zamata.
When asked by host Darnell Hayes, played by Kenan Thompson, who “thought the best way to get that fame was to be a woman,” Jared responds with “Caitlyn Jenner.” The real answer: “Tyler Perry,” the actor and director behind the Madea movies.
Thompson takes a light-hearted dig at the rapper nearing the end of the sketch when he says, “Look, no good rap comes from Canada, OK?” and pretends to have never heard of Drake.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out