A mural on the side of a restaurant in Lithuania has gone viral for depicting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump kissing Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The mural was created Friday by artist Mindaugas Bonanu at the barbecue restaurant Keule Ruke, according to the Associated Press.
“We see many similarities between these two ‘heroes’ (Putin and Trump). They both have huge egos, and it’s amusing to see they are getting along well,” the restaurant’s co-owner, Dominykas Čečkauskas said in an interview with Agence France-Presse. “It seems we have a new Cold War, and America may have a president who seeks friendship with Russia.”
Putin and Trump have exchanged compliments during Trump’s campaign, and Trump has said he would “get along fine” with Putin as president.
The restaurant shared a photo of the mural with the caption, “MAKE EVERYTHING GREAT AGAIN,” a play on Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.” The phrase also appears on the wall alongside the art.
The mural is reminiscent of a famous 1979 photo of Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev and East German President Erich Honecker embracing with a kiss, an image that was later painted on part of the Berlin Wall.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow