A mural on the side of a restaurant in Lithuania has gone viral for depicting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump kissing Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The mural was created Friday by artist Mindaugas Bonanu at the barbecue restaurant Keule Ruke, according to the Associated Press.
“We see many similarities between these two ‘heroes’ (Putin and Trump). They both have huge egos, and it’s amusing to see they are getting along well,” the restaurant’s co-owner, Dominykas Čečkauskas said in an interview with Agence France-Presse. “It seems we have a new Cold War, and America may have a president who seeks friendship with Russia.”
Putin and Trump have exchanged compliments during Trump’s campaign, and Trump has said he would “get along fine” with Putin as president.
The restaurant shared a photo of the mural with the caption, “MAKE EVERYTHING GREAT AGAIN,” a play on Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.” The phrase also appears on the wall alongside the art.
The mural is reminiscent of a famous 1979 photo of Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev and East German President Erich Honecker embracing with a kiss, an image that was later painted on part of the Berlin Wall.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization