A mural on the side of a restaurant in Lithuania has gone viral for depicting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump kissing Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The mural was created Friday by artist Mindaugas Bonanu at the barbecue restaurant Keule Ruke, according to the Associated Press.
“We see many similarities between these two ‘heroes’ (Putin and Trump). They both have huge egos, and it’s amusing to see they are getting along well,” the restaurant’s co-owner, Dominykas Čečkauskas said in an interview with Agence France-Presse. “It seems we have a new Cold War, and America may have a president who seeks friendship with Russia.”
Putin and Trump have exchanged compliments during Trump’s campaign, and Trump has said he would “get along fine” with Putin as president.
The restaurant shared a photo of the mural with the caption, “MAKE EVERYTHING GREAT AGAIN,” a play on Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.” The phrase also appears on the wall alongside the art.
The mural is reminiscent of a famous 1979 photo of Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev and East German President Erich Honecker embracing with a kiss, an image that was later painted on part of the Berlin Wall.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now