Actress Vanessa Hudgens paid a $1,000 fine for carving a heart into a red rock wall during a Valentine’s Day trip to Sedona, Arizona with her boyfriend, Austin Butler.
Hudgens was issued a citation for a misdemeanor count of damaging a natural feature on U.S. Forest Service land, the Associated Press reported. The fine will be used by a volunteer group to restore the rock wall by scrubbing or sanding the stone, according to the AP.
Hudgens had posted photos of their trip to Sedona on social media, one of which featured a picture of the carving, which read “Austin + Vanessa”. That photo has since been removed.
“She was caught in the act because she publicized it and she’s famous,” Coconino National Forest Service spokesman Brady Smith said, according to the AP. “I’m sure there are others who are not famous and publicized it and we’ve never known.”
A federal magistrate approved the fine agreement in April, and it was first reported on Friday.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now