The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a woman who fell overboard on a Carnival cruise ship early Friday morning.
Officials said security footage captured Samantha Broberg, 33, falling overboard on the Carnival Liberty around 2 a.m. on Friday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
“We are shocked and deeply saddened by the incident that occurred on the Carnival Cruise Ship,” Broberg’s family said in a statement, the Chronicle reported. “We hope and pray the U.S. Coast Guard is able to bring Samantha home. We ask for privacy as our family comes together during this difficult time.”
The ship is located about 195 miles off the coast of Galveston, Texas. Broberg, a mother to four children, was reported missing by travel companions, Carnival officials said in a statement, and the U.S. Coast Guard is now searching for her in the area where the ship was located when she was last seen, according to the Chronicle.
The ship left Galveston on Thursday for a four-day cruise to Mexico.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com