In an appearance on the Graham Norton Show this week, Jennifer Lawrence, who plays Raven/Mystique in the new X-Men: Apocalypse, described the time she awkwardly met Star Wars actor Harrison Ford and director J.J. Abrams and “humiliated myself more than I ever have before.”
“For the first time ever in my career—I never assume anyone knows who I am—and I saw Harrison Ford and J.J. Abrams, and I was like, ‘Yeah this is fine, we’re all co-workers…. and I was like, ‘Be right back guys, I’m gonna go say hi to the Star Wars dudes!'” Lawrence said.
She said she was snapping and dancing as she approached the table Ford and Abrams were sitting at, and they just stared back at her.
“I realized while I was dancing, I was like, they have no idea who I am,” she said. “So I just turned around and walked back.”
Watch the video below:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time