A Florida man’s first demand after waking from a 47-day coma earlier this month was… Taco Bell.
“I want Taco Bell,” Jake Booth told his family and doctors gathered at his bedside, USA Today reports.
Booth, a 35-year-old Army veteran, had been hospitalized for pneumonia in February when he had a heart attack and slipped into a coma. The request would take 22 days to fill as Booth could not eat solid food immediately. Last week, his Taco Bell desire was finally quenched with eight-and-a-half crunchy tacos from Taco Bell.
The company even provided some swag and a hand-written note.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at email@example.com