In case you were wondering, Ellen DeGeneres is on good terms with “Becky with the good hair” — at least, she is in the hilarious spoof that she made of Lemonade that aired on The Ellen Degeneres Show Friday. In the short segment, DeGeneres finds herself in the video for ultimate woman-scorned anthem “Hold Up,” and offers up her trademark deadpan commentary while Queen Bey wrecks havoc on the neighborhood.
A choice moment has Ellen calling her friend, “Becky,” to tell her, “You will not believe this but Queen Bey has gone cray-cray!” She also quips, “I think she hates cars!”as Beyoncé shatters windows and breaks fire hydrants with her baseball bat. DeGeneres ends the phone call with a cheeky reference to Beyoncé’s infamous other woman, “Becky, I have to go. I’m gonna call you back. But I do love what you’re doing with your hair. It looks good.”
However, the best moment of the clip is probably when Ellen tries to deflect Beyoncé’s destructive advances by saying, “Look! Look! That’s Becky with the good hair,” and gestures toward a nearly unrecognizable, wig-clad and baseball bat-armed Wanda Sykes, who responds with, “What? Girl, I’m Wanda with the good weave!” before smashing the screen and ending the clip.
Watch all the hilarity ensue below.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time