Megan Fox hasn’t exactly shied away from provocative roles in the past. But in a story that was published Saturday, Fox told The Sun that her sex scene days are behind her.
The actress says that she’s been turning down any “degrading” role that comes her way so that her two sons and expected child won’t have to see their mother in that light. “There are some good projects I’ve read that are with talented people, talented directors, but the things the women are required to do in the movie are things I can’t have my sons ever know or see,” she said. “There are just certain things boys should never see their mothers do.”
Fox said she still takes pride in her past roles. “Where I’m from in Memphis, women are damsels and ladies and they’re gentle or whatever. I was very fiery and no-nonsense. I put that out there instantly in this industry because it’s important for people to understand that I am not a dumb girl, I’m a very clever girl and you’re not going to get anything over on me.”
Fox went on to hint that she might move out of acting altogether. “I’m trying to figure out what I really want to do with the rest of my life because Hollywood is not a land where you can work until you’re elderly, when you’re a woman especially,” she said.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement