After a month of alleged awkwardness following Michael Strahan’s announcement that he would be leaving Live With Kelly and Michael for Good Morning America, Strahan and Kelly Ripa hosted their final show together Friday morning.
Goodbyes were in order, but both hosts kept it brief and professional as they bid each other adieu.
Ripa offered Strahan congratulations and expressed gratitude for their time together.
“On behalf of myself and all of us, we couldn’t be prouder of you,” she said. “You have given us so much joy in the mornings…We really are so, so proud of you.”
Strahan responded likewise during his goodbye speech.
“It’s bittersweet. Of course you get nervous,” he said. “This is a moment I didn’t anticipate being here, at least not at this point. I’m not dying. I’m still in the family and still available to come back as co-host.”
Watch Strahan’s farewell message below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com